Most of the discussions I've had with people talking about taking breaks and what they do on their breaks interest and sometimes baffle me.
I tell them that I go for a walk, read a book, or drink some coffee. Their work breaks are not that much different than the environment from where they were working or not at all. Some people go through a three hour work period working on their computer to watching youtube videos and checking Facebook or emails.
Putting ourselves into about the same environment, in this case, being a desk can make ourselves more tired over a longer period and can also make us feel exhausted. Thus, not getting more work accomplish as we could have done after a refreshing break.
What are some tips?
1. Talking with friends or family - Talking can allow us to forget about our work for five minutes and can make us feel fresh when we get back to work.
2. Exercise - Sitting for long periods of time is not very good for us, and we do it for most of the day. Workout or go for a 15-minute walk.
3. Read - Reading books can help us relax, learn, and refresh our eyes from looking at a screen.
These tips will leave you recharged and refreshed after a break while improving your physical and mental health.
1. What do you do on your breaks?
2. Has this article help you?
Let’s start a discussion - Comment Below